On the edge of the Arabian Desert, one remote outpost encounters evil spirits with disturbing frequency. Read here……Sounds a UFO to me
|Coursera||Coursera is an education platform that partners with top universities and organizations worldwide, to offer courses online for anyone to take.|
|Khanacademy||Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. They tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more. Their math missions guide learners from kindergarten to calculus using state-of-the-art, adaptive technology that identifies strengths and learning gaps.|
|EdX||Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere.|
|udemy||Online learning marketplace, where 9 million+ students are taking courses in everything from programming to yoga to photography–and much, much more.|
|udacity||Udacity was an outgrowth of a Stanford University experiment in which Sebastian Thrun and Peter Norvig offered their ‘Introduction to Artificial Intelligence’ course online for free in which over 160,000 students in more than 190 countries enrolled….. a growing team of educators and engineers on a mission to change the future of education by bridging the gap between real-world skills, relevant education, and employment.|
|FutureLearn||The first UK-led multi-institutional platform, partnering with 17 UK universities, offering MOOC to students around the world. It is a private company owned by the Open University.|
|OpenUpEd||First Pan-European MOOC initiative, with support of the European commission. It includes partners from 11 countries|
1. Focus: Most entrepreneurs have to adopt in working a more narrow market. In doing so, they develop an excellent reputation for service because the size of their projection area is more manageable.
2. Scope: The entrepreneurs are close to their markets and share many of the customer’s experiences.
3. Flexibility: entrepreneurs are more sensitive to the needs of their customers. They create products and services that meet customer needs in a very short time. They don’t wait next scheduled release or product iteration.
4. Surprise: Entrepreneurs understand the value of surprising the customers from time to time. See how Kodak failed to surprise customers but Instagram was able to do just that.
5. Transformation: Entrepreneurs can obtain new data from the market more quickly, and dramatically change its business model to seize new opportunities.
6. Associations: Entrepreneurs are not tied to old partnerships that do not work. They create smart business networks with strategic partners and meet the needs of their customers better.
7. Education: Due to the absence of large advertising budgets, entrepreneurs educate themselves prospect customers before they can sell to them. This confidence-building process changes the nature of the sale and produce quality relationships with customers.
8. Personalization: Entrepreneurs are more personal. The today connected world demands to connect the customer more and not just providing products and services. Entrepreneurs can convey a sense of belonging.
9. Passion: Most entrepreneurs have great passion for their product and services and convey that purpose and contagious passion.
The minimum age to sign up Facebook account is 13, however, thousands of younger kids have an account. Many parents who want to know what their children are up-to in Facebook have an option to monitor their children’s activities in Facebook thanks to MinorMonitor.
“MinorMonitor is a free web-based tool that gives a parent a quick, easy view into their child’s Facebook activities and friends, through knowledge-based analytics. Via an intuitive dashboard view, parents can access either a snapshot, or full detail and specifics, of potential dangerous activities such as bullying, hate crimes, drug use and sexual references”
The Smartguard iPhone Case has a specially pepper spray built-in. A plastic tab will make sure that it doesn’t misfire, but within this tiny canister is 6 half-second bursts of excruciating spray that has a five foot radius. This is going to stop a mugger in their tracks. It appears that this is only available in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria though, costing about $50 for the case, and $27 for additional bottles of pepper spray.
For busy people who want to effortlessly stay informed, Vocalyze provides a personalized mobile news and entertainment service that turns Tweets, blogs and and other written web content into real-time audio podcasts. How about if a robot reads to you your favourite news articles while you are driving to work!!. The service switches between a male and female voice after a couple of posts, which keeps things from getting monotonous.